Outdoor barbeques are food with fun! It is a great way to spend a summer afternoon entertaining friends and family. These are days which create memories for us.
Despite the electric grill gaining popularity, there are people who still opt for the charcoal grills. The traditional charcoal grill lends smokiness to the finished product.
We review the best of Charcoal grills available. First, we understand the product features and then conduct a suitability analysis. Every product offers special features which are suitable for certain needs.
What features do the best of charcoal grills offer?
We take a tour to understand what features charcoal grills offer. Here we are looking at the top 3 charcoal grills in the market :
[amazon box=”B00004RALU,B00BQ59VTE,B003HFFVJK” template=”table”]
Now that we have seen the product features. We look at what each of these products is best suitable for.
Weber Original Kettle 22-Inch
[amazon box=”B00004RALU” ]
Weber is a popular brand in this space. It is an expensive grill, but brings together the best quality and a sturdy build. This model combines traditional design with the best of technology and innovation. It eliminates hotspots by designing a very efficient bowl and lid which enable spreading the heat evenly across the grill crate.
It has anti rust vents, also does not peel with repeated use. This could be a good long term investment. The design is compact and the setup is simple. Cleaning could take a lot of effort; however, this model has removable separate ash collection pans and removable grill crates. The grills have a plated steel cooking grate, which is great for retaining heat. This provides perfectly seared foods.
- Compact design and simple setup
- Easy cleanup
- Durability and longevity
- Post – sales service
- No wheels; manoeuvrability is challenging
- Stability during stormy weather is an issue
Weber is a known brand and has a great market share in the industry. This charcoal grill offers compact design and simple setup which is a major positive. Traditional charcoal grills are extremely bulky and tough to handle.
The food is authentic with a smoky flavour and retains moisture. The design of the bowl and lid is such that the heat is evenly spread across the cooking grate. Although it is expensive, this is worth the quality and durability. The post-sales support and service is great, which has helped it increase customer loyalty.
Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium
[amazon box=”B00BQ59VTE” ]
- This charcoal grill offers a traditional look and feel. It has a very sturdy build and offers dual temperature zones. This enables different foods to be cooked at varied temperatures. This clearly avoids over / under cooking of the varied food items. The double walled lid offers heat retention, thus making it a viable option to use across all seasons.
- This Charcoal grill offers a huge cooking space; this can sear up to 30 hamburgers all at the same time. It also avoids hotspots, the lid and cooking grate ensures even distribution of heat. This ensures consistency in the finished food product. There is an adjustable charcoal tray with a door; this makes the access to additional charcoal easy.
- There is a 1 year manufacturer warranty. There is a temperature gauge which helps monitor the grill temperature. This will help avoid any food getting burnt in the cooking process. For easy movement, it has wheels. The locking casters ensure that it can be stationed while the cooking is underway. A grill cover is sold separately, which helps maintain the charcoal grill dust and rust free.
- Reasonable price
- Traditional look and feel
- Adjustable charcoal tray with door
- Heat control options available
- Dual temperature zones for varied food
- Bulky build and complex setup (tools not provided)
- More storage space is required
- Cleaning and maintenance is tough – No additional protective gears / qualities
- Excessive heat after sometime which could burn food
For mixed food grilling, this is an excellent charcoal grill. The cooking space is huge, ideal for entertaining a large set of friends and relatives. It is reasonably priced. Given the bulkier build, the setup is complex. Also, more space is required for storage. Repeated use could rust and peel the cooking grate. There are no additional amenities which aid easy cleaning. Cleaning and maintenance will be tough, there are no additional qualities.
Char-Griller Table Top Charcoal Grill and Side Fire Box
[amazon box=”B003HFFVJK” ]
It is a lightweight charcoal grill with a medium sized cooking grill. This offers Texas style smoking which no other competitive charcoal grill offers. About 10 hamburgers can be cooked at the same time. This product also offers the following accessories: Char-Griller Pro-Deluxe, Char-Griller Wrangler, Char-Griller Outlaw, and Char-Griller Duo. It has an easy access coal drawer which provides for storing excess charcoal in the tray.
There is a removable ash pan which aids easy coal clean-up. The cast Iron grates can be cleaned up with warm water and a piece of cloth.
- Heavy steel construction
- Offers accessories – Char-Griller Pro-Deluxe, Wrangler, Outlaw, Duo
- Texas style smoking
- Easy assembly and cleanup
- Bulky for a medium sized charcoal grill
- Repeated use can cause rust and peeling
- Not curing it during first use can result in blistering of paint on the top
This is a great medium sized charcoal grill with many accessories. It also offers the Texas style smoking which lends more moisture and smokiness to the finished product. People who prefer a certain type of barbequed food can opt for this.
The assembly and cleanup is easy. The steel construct although sturdy is quite bulky and it is a challenge. There are no additional qualities to lend durability to the product.