Barbecuing can be all about fun, food and fond memories. Most of all, it is about great food! Getting the right sear and moistness along with the smoky flavor depends not just on your seasoning and temperature control. It depends on the right grill!
Here, we review the best gas grills available in the market. First we take a tour around the features, to understand how each of them is different from one another. As a next step, we conduct a suitability analysis. Based on the pros and cons identified, we give you our verdict.
[amazon box=”B0098HR10I,B001D09X7C,B00BC3UVDK” template=”table”]
What are the top features offered in the best gas grills?
There are many great gas grills in the market today. It can be quite daunting to go through all of them and zero in on the best gas grill. We look at the top 3 products in this space.
Now that we have covered the features, we move on to the suitability analysis.
- Before we move there, we understand the difference between the gas unit compatibility of gas grills. Gas used in these gas grills could be either natural gas or propane gas. Although many still use the propane gas grill, the natural gas grills are growing in market share. Natural gas grills have easier setup compared to propane gas grills. The carbon foot print of natural gas is lower compared to propane gas grills.
- However, the scales are still tilted in favour of propane gas because propane gas has more energy. Propane contains 2,500 BTU per cubic feet while natural gas knocks up only 1000 BTU per cubic feet. This means your grill could get heated up faster with propane gas. This is known to offer a more authentic barbeque experience.
- Some of the barbeque gas grills are compatible with both types of gas, unless specified.
Weber Spirit E310 Natural Gas Grill
[amazon box=”B0098HR10I” ]
Weber is a known brand in this space. They offer the best gas grills, albeit at a higher cost. They adopt the best technology; simplify the cleaning and setup. They are aware of the needs of the customers and are in sync with the latest developments in the space.
This is a natural gas grill; it is not compatible with propane gas. The grates and lid are designed to provide even heat across the grill, this helps in avoiding hotspots. This provides a consistently cooked finished product.
There is an inbuilt thermometer, it indicates the maximum temperature. It takes about 10 minutes to reach the maximum temperature at which point you can start searing your food. It has coated cast iron grates and not the stainless steel ones. The design is kept traditional to lend an authentic flavour to the food.
- Even heat distribution – no hotspots
- Easy setup and simple cleaning
- Sturdy build – can be used round the year
- No propane gas compatibility
- Stainless steel grates would have been easier for cleaning
Undoubtedly, a great buy, if you are willing to shell out some extra cash. It is a well known brand. Non-compatibility with propane gas makes it little less authentic. The design is kept traditional to lend authenticity. It has 3 burners which is appropriate to entertain a set of friends and relatives of medium size.
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill
[amazon box=”B001D09X7C” ]
This is a two burner gas grill, typically suited for a small crowd of friends and family. The setup seems to be complicated compared to its peers. The design is very sleek; it has wheels offering greater mobility. The grates are stainless steel which makes it easier to clean. Slow cooking roasts and searing seems to be the niche. Although the unit is small, it is extremely powerful. It seems like a good economical purchase
- Good value for money
- Sleek design
- Easy cleaning
- Complex setup
- Pre heat time required is more
- Too small for more number of people
This is amongst the best gas grills at the price it quotes. The setup is quite complex, compared to its peers. For smaller groups of 4-5 people, this barbeque station should be enough.
It does not suggest even heat distribution, but seems to have powerful burners. It may not be comparable to the more expensive gas grills in the market. But surely, it is a good value for money. The grills are of stainless steel which reduces the cleaning effort significantly.
Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill
[amazon box=”B00BC3UVDK” ]
This 4 burner gas grill is suitable for a entertaining a larger crowd. The product is quite sleek and sophisticated. It is compatible with both natural and propane gas. This provides for a purer barbequing experience. Although it is a four burner gas grill, it does not come across as too bulky. The cleanup is quite simple, it has a chrome finish. It offers the best cooking space, large enough to entertain up to 10 guests at the same time.
- Value for money
- Huge cooking area
- Easy setup and Durable
- Not a sturdy grill
- Grease trap leakage issues
This is a good gas grill for entertaining larger set of friends and family. It has a chrome finish which lends a very sleek finish to the station. The cleanup seems quite easy with the stainless steel like grills.
It has accessories like the grease trap and separate trays for collecting the excess fat. The setup is simple despite the size and sturdy build.